What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a modality of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture involves the insertion of thin filiform-needles into the body to stimulate nervous system to promote a healing response.
How does acupuncture work?
The body comprises of channels that link the muscles, sinews, organs, nerves and its vasculature. These channels serve to facilitate the circulation of blood, nutrients, functional hormones, and other necessary biomolecules, all of which Chinese Medicine practitioners call "Qi". Insertion of thin needles into these points stimulates a response that regulates circulation and nerve conduction. This effect creates a healing response that can reduce inflammation, regulate organ function and metabolism, calm the nervous system, and relax muscles and sinews.
Your provider will first assess you to find your body's pattern of disharmony. Once they have discovered it through a combination of real-time physical signs and verbal inquiry, they will develop a treatment strategy to ensure you receive the best results possible.
Some scientifically proven effects include the promoting of healing such as decreasing pain reception, improving circulation to punctured area, and releasing pain-relieving hormones. This, however, is only a generalized explanation of the actual capabilities of acupuncture.
Benefits of acupuncture
Acupuncture is most well-known for treating most pain disorders, but it can also treat internal diseases such as gastrointestinal disorders, vascular diseases, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease, psychological disorders, respiratory disorders, and also improve longevity.
Here is a short list of diseases acupuncture can help:
• shoulder, neck, and back pain
• tendinitis and carpal tunnel
• arthritis, rheumatism, and other joint pain
• cardiovascular disease: ‘The Three Highs’ : high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol
• bone diseases: Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bulging and slipped discs, osteoporosis, and other bone diseases
• digestive disorders: diarrhea, epigastric pain (stomach ache), abdominal pain, constipation, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), Crohn’s disease, gastroenteritis
• respiratory disorders : asthma, dyspnea (difficult breathing), chronic cough, wheezing, and even nicotine addiction (smoking)
• psycho-emotional disease: anxiety, stress, depression, mania, learning difficulty
All new patients at our offices are required to receive a mandatory consultation. However, it is only a one-time fee. This is so we can better understand your health issue, what is causing it, then how we treat it. This also ensures they can deliver the best results possible for you each time you come in by making sure we can track what works and what doesn't work for you.
We do issue a re-consultation fee of the same price in the following cases:
• You aren't treated by our practitioners within a time period of 3 months.
• You develop an unrelated illness such as new injuries, febrile conditions, colds, self-generated diseases, and etc.
• You are coming solely to spend time for a one-on-one consultation with any of our practitioners.
We will waive re-consultation fee in these cases:
• We can verify that our advice or treatment causes a worsening of your condition.
• If your condition requires less than 5 minutes of re-evaluation.
To see more info about pricing, please click the button below and select your preferred location and see their fee schedule.
Are you ready for results?
Request an appointment from any of our skilled practitioners.
- 3rd generation herbalist
- Pain specialist
- Joint pain disorders
End of content
No more pages to load